– 1 Corinthians 12 & 14:4, 39; Acts 2, 10, 14, 19
End Times – Is about reaching out
Tithing – Is about being generous
Tongues – Is inviting The Holy Spirit to give you the Gift of a Spiritual Language
(Note: Our church will not “force” this Gift on Believers)
The Holy Spirit speaks to our hearts and then we may by faith
speak through our mouths. Examples:
– Disciples waited for the gift of the power of the Holy Spirit and on the
day of Pentecost as the Holy Spirit moved – Acts 2
(many people heard a message in their own language)
– Cornelius as a Gentile received the Holy Spirit – Acts 10
– Speak in turn – Acts 14
– Paul finds 12 Christians and asked them if they
received the Holy Spirit – Acts 19
“Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.“
Additional verses regarding praying in the Spirit
Jude v. 20
Sing Spiritual Songs, let The Spirit flow through you , do Spiritual warfare, intercede for others, Praise the Lord. You are edified, but it is not just about you. It is given so our lives can benefit others.
We all are saved and have The Holy Spirit in us when we receive The Lord.
– The Gift of Tongues is an added way we can overflow in The Holy Spirit.
– Every Supernatural Gift is available to us all when we need it.
– We should not hang-on to doctrines that say it was only for Bible times
– We should not back away in fear if someone has tried to force it on us
– We must not let the enemy lie to us saying we are making it up
– Make sure there is not unrepentant sin in your life. If so, confess it.
– Surrender all pride and …Don’t worry, just be open to it!!
1 Cor 14:39 – “Don’t forbid speaking in tongues!”